Session 3 - The Joint Commision: Life Safey Code; Facilities & Environment, TJC Survey Solutions Series)
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN
We are beginning our TJC Survey Solution Series, which will be broken down into three (3) one and a half hour sessions. The TJC Survey Solutions Series will be offered on a variety of dates on a monthly basis until further notice. So, if you cannot attend one date, perhaps you can pick up the session in the following months, but don't delay too long.
The three sessions consist of:
- Session One: Leadership, Human Resources Management, Information Management, Performance Improvement, Record of Care, Rights & Responsibilities
- Session Two: Infection Prevention, Medication Management, National Patient Safety Goals, Provision of Care, Waived Testing and Transplant Safety
- Session Three: Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Life Safety Codes
This webpage is dedicated only to Session 3 -LIFE SAFETY CODE; Facilities & Environment
Facilities & Environment
All ASC's are required to comply with the requirements of the 2000 Edition of the NFPA 101 Life Safety Code. This session will cover these areas:
- Construction and architectural requirements
- Emergency Preparedness Plans
- Emergency Lighting
- Emergency Drills
- Exit signs
- Fire extinguishers & pull stations
- Fire rating for doors & walls
- Gas cylinder storage requirements
- Generator testing
- Non-sprinkler system rules
- Operational requirements for maintenance, testing and documentation
- Waiting room requirements; you will get a copy of the CMS memo
- And much more
*Have you completed a Hazard Analysis as part of your emergency preparedness? We'll give you an user-friendly format to get you started as well as an Emergency Manual.
*We'll cover the current "hot list" of deficiencies as we go through the standards so you are not caught off guard.
*Evaluation forms for your required drills will be supplied as part of this webinar.
*Complete instructions for your placement of alcohol-based hand sanitizers will be reviewed.
*Do you have the correct fire extinguishers?
*Do you know what is the Number 1 item cited on Life Safety Code Inspections? You'll want to know as it an easy fix!
*This webinar is worth one and half Contact Hours of continuing education. Each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation for attending this webinar.
Price: $199.00 / individual 1-1/2 hour session; if you order all three sessions, your price will be discounted to $150.00 / session or $450.00 for the 3 sessions.
TJC training without having to take the time and expense to travel to another city meeting venue.
This price includes one internet connection and one Toll Free telephone connection + presentation note-taking handout + other handouts and tools. You are welcome to have your office members sit in on this webinar as long as they can view and listen through this one connection. Upon ordering this webinar, you will receive an email with your personal login information. This login is personally yours and should not be given out to others as you might bump yourself off the webinar.
CLICK HERE to read about Session 1.
CLICK HERE to read about Session 2.
Stay tuned (under development) to see what HANDOUTS will be given out for Session 1, session 2 and Session 3.
*About CE Contact Hours:
Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481
Issue Date: 4/6/2010; for 1.5 contact hours.