The Joint Commission (TJC) Survey Solutions Series
TJC Session Two
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN
We are beginning our TJC Survey Solution Series, which will be broken down into three (3) one and a half hour sessions. The TJC Survey Solutions Series will be offered on a variety of dates on a monthly basis until further notice. So, if you cannot attend one date, perhaps you can pick up the session in the following months, but don't delay too long.
The three sessions consist of:
- Session One: Leadership, Human Resources Management, Information Management, Performance Improvement, Record of Care, Rights & Responsibilities
- Session Two: Infection Prevention, Medication Management, National Patient Safety Goals, Provision of Care, Waived Testing and Transplant Safety
- Session Three: Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Life Safety Codes
This page is dedicated to registering and ordering Session 2
TJC - SESSION TWO
- Anesthesia services, surgical & related services, pharmacy, pathology, laboratory, diagnostic, lithrotripsy, and education are some of the major topics that will be covered during this one and a half hour session.
- Surgical services requires you to address Safe Surgical Checklists (we have copies for you!), Neutral Zone policies, and Borrowed Instruments (you will get those as one of your handouts), and Sterilization Procedures (we have included those checklists as well).
- Do you have RNs administering sedation? There are a few extra policies that you will need for that as well. You will find those included in our discussion as well as in your handouts.
- What type of RNs are your surveyors looking for when they visit your facility?
- Do you have an action plan for the recall of drugs?
- Do you know if you need a CLIA waiver and how to get one? CMS updated the directives 9/28/12 and we have a copy for you.
- Infection Prevention is much more than a hand hygiene problem! We will review all the necessary components that are required by TJC and CMS. You will receive an Infection Control Risk Assessment Tool and an OSHA Compliance Checklist to assure your compliance.
- Do you perform radiologic services? You'll have a list of "To Do" items if you do.
*This webinar is worth one and half Contact Hours of continuing education. Each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation for attending this webinar.
Price: $199.00 / individual 1-1/2 hour session; if you order all three sessions, your price will be discounted to $150.00 / session or $450.00 for the 3 sessions.
TJC training without having to take the time and expense to travel to another city meeting venue.
This price includes one internet connection and one Toll Free telephone connection + presentation note-taking handout + other handouts and tools. You are welcome to have your office members sit in on this webinar as long as they can view and listen through this one connection. Upon ordering this webinar, you will receive an email with your personal login information. This login is personally yours and should not be given out to others as you might bump yourself off the webinar.
CLICK HERE to read about Session 1.
CLICK HERE to read about Session 3.
Stay tuned (under development) to see what HANDOUTS will be given out for Session 1, Session 2 and Session 3.
*About CE Contact Hours:
Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481
Issue Date: 4/6/2010; for 1.5 contact hours.