Category: Infection Prevention
Title: Terminal Cleaning of the Operating Room
Presented by Dawn Anthopoulos, RN; Administrator, Ahwatukee Surgery Center
Dawn has 18+ years of perioperative nursing experience working in the operating room, pre-op and PACU areas. Dawn has been the Administrator of the Ahwatukee Surgery Center in Phoenix Arizona for the past 7 years. Dawn has gained extensive knowledge and experience in the proper cleaning and disinfection process for her surgery center and has trained her staff to do their own terminal cleaning without the use of an outside cleaning company. Dawn is also a Medicare/AAAASF Surveyor for the surgery center industry.
This one hour presentation by Dawn Anthopoulos was presented at our Infection Prevention Strategies for Ambulatory Surgery Centersconference in April 2015. Dawn discusses everything that you need to know about how to properly terminally clean the operating room in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Discuss AORN recommendation on cleaning the operating room.
- Learn about the why it is important to properly clean the operating room before disinfection.
- Learn the differences of cleaning between, unrestricted, semi-restricted and restricted areas of the surgery center.
- Learn about using the proper cleaning tools and products on the right surfaces.
- Learn about construction, renovation and disaster remediation relating to infection prevention.
- Body fluids, linen disposal, contaminated sharps disposal and contaminated waste will be discussed.
Once you and any/all staff have reviewed this presentation, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth 1.0 Credit Hour of continuing education. You simply contact us at email@example.com requesting your certificates, using the Certificate Request Form found in the link below. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last names, position title (RN ,BSN, etc.), license numbers (if professionals) and date of completion.
* Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481: Issue Date: 4/6/2010;