OSHA Safety for Healthcare Workers -
Protecting Yourself from Bloodborne Health Risks
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN
Audience: Staff and management
This one hour webinar session will provide you with your required annual OSHA training on Sharps Safety, Bloodborne Pathogens and the proper use of personal protective equipment. All employees who could be "reasonably anticipated" to face contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials should attend.
This session will instruct on best practices utilized at medical facilities to protect workers and decrease risks. This course reviews the following:
- *Introduction to Bloodborne Pathogens
- *Types of Bloodborne Pathogens
- *Communicating Hazards
- *Methods to control risk of exposure
- *Emergency procedures for when exposure occurs
Price: $139.00 per internet/phone connection. $69.50 when purchased in a bundle with the OSHA Safety Officer Orientation webinar at $139.00.
This price provides one internet connection (username & password) and telephone line connection. You may offer this training to all your staff at your single site location but your username & password cannot be shared or passed on to others at different locations.
Once you and any/all staff that have reviewed this webinar, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth one Contact Hour 1 of continuing education. You simply contact us at email@example.com requesting your certificates. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last name, position title, and license numbers (if professionals).
After your registration/purchase and prior to the webinar, we will send you at least 2 emails with the following:
- 1. Your login instructions and password from Cathy Montgomery.
- 2. An email from Lacey with the presentation handout for note-taking and any other documents that will be referred to within the webinar. You will be able to print out these files prior to the webinar for your note-taking during the webinar.
1Contact Hour Disclosure: Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481; Issue Date: 4/6/2010