OSHA Safety Officer Orientation
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN
As the Safety Officer for your facility, it's important to recognize your OSHA responsibilities. This one-hour session will alert you to the most frequent violations and average fines. New reporting guidelines have been issued and take effect on January 1, 2015. Youi'll learn what those are and what actions you'll need to take.
This session will outline your requirement per the federal guidelines and assist you with implementation using the following handout:
- NIOSH Nine Steps to Avoiding Needlesticks
- HBV Vaccine Declination Form
- CDC Hepatitis B Guidelines
- Equipment Evaluation Forms
- PPE Requirement List
- New Employee OSHA Orientation Checklist
- Annual Facility Review Checklist
Managing and monitoring activities at your healthcare facility can be simplified by knowing what the rules are. Remember compliance is not an option! This one-hour session includes one contact hour of continuing education upon completion.
Price: $139.00 per internet and phone connection. $69.50 if purchased and bundled with purchase of OSHA Safety for Healthcare Workers at $139.00.
This price provides one internet connection (username & password) and telephone line connection. You may offer this training to all your staff at your single site location but your username & password cannot be shared or passed on to others at different locations.
Once you and any/all staff that have reviewed this webinar, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth one Contact Hour 1 of continuing education. You simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your certificates. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last name, position title, and license numbers (if professionals).
After your registration/purchase and prior to the webinar, we will send you at least 2 emails with the following:
- Your login instructions and password from Cathy Montgomery.
- An email from Lacey with the presentation handout for note-taking and any other documents that will be referred to within the webinar. You will be able to print out these files prior to the webinar for your note-taking during the webinar.
1Contact Hour Disclosure: Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481; Issue Date: 4/6/2010