Category: Infection Prevention
Title: Medication Safety from Purchase to Disposal
Presented by Chuck Wilson Jr., RPh.,Director of Pharmacy Services, Medicine Shoppe,Dunwoody, GA
Chuck Wilson Jr. received his Pharmacy Degree from the University of Georgia in 1982. He worked in chain retail for 15 years and independent pharmacy for 7 years before buying into the Medicine Shoppe pharmacy. He has been an adjunct professor with Mercer University since 1993 and has owned his own consulting pharmacy practice. He is now co-owner of The Medicine Shoppe. Chuck specializes in compounding and consulting services. Chuck provides pharmacy consulting services for 32 ambulatory surgery centers throughout the greater Atlanta, GA area. He is a member of GPHA, IACP, NCPA, and ASCP. Chuck has specialty training in compounding and is certified in immunizations and CPR.
- *Hot Issues for Pharmacy Servicing an ASC.
- *Dealing with the DEA. Ordering narcotics & narcotic documentation.
- *Complete discussion of USP 797 Guidelines.
- *Single-dose vs. multi-dose vial discussion. IV medication, logs, unacceptable practices, emergency carts, chart review, and many other issues.
Once you and any/all staff have reviewed this presentation, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth 1.5 Credit Hours of continuing education. You simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your certificates, using the Certificate Request Form found in the link below. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last names, position title (RN ,BSN, etc.), license numbers (if professionals) and date of completion.
* Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481: Issue Date: 4/6/2010;