HIPAA Privacy Officer Orientation
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN, President, Excellentia Advisory Group.
Webinar: One-hour in duration includes time for Questions & Answers.
Description: Under HIPAA every practice or healthcare organization must designate a Privacy Officer. This one-hour webinar session will explain the overall responsbilities for this role. You will also learn how to be a successful Privacy Officer by:
- A review of the 5 rules that comprise HIPAA.
- Utilizing a flow chart for Business Associate determination.
- Executing updated Business Associate Agreements.
- Knowing how fines are now calculated.
- Understanding the nuances for research, fundraising and immunization authorizations.
- The proper way to execute a risk assessment of your organization.
The Office of Civil Rights has announced reinvestigation of the HIPAA audit program for 2014. This is based upon complaints from the OIG regarding previous poor audit performances. Don't miss this important first step, Privacy Officer responsibilities, for your facility.
- Note-taking version of the PowerPoint Presentation
- Risk Assessment Checklist
- Privacy Checklist
- HIPAA Audit Program Protocol
- Business Associate Decision Tree
- Business Associate Agreement
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Fax Confidentiality Statement
- Privacy Officer Job Description
Price: $139.00 per telephone & internet connection. This price provides one internet connection (username & password) and telephone line connection. You may offer this training to all your staff at your single site location but your username & password cannot be shared or passed on to others at different locations.
Special Offer: We are offering a 50% off discount on this webinar if you also purchase our second HIPAA training webinar or DVD, HIPAA AWARENESS FOR MEDICAL FACILITIES. (see left column of your screen, ie: RELATED PRODUCTS) This discount will be applied during your checkout process or by Lacey if you place your order by telephone. Here is what your screen will look like:
Once you and any/all staff that have reviewed this webinar, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth one Contact Hour 1 of continuing education. You simply contact Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your certificates. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last name, position title, and license numbers (if professionals).
After your registration/purchase and prior to the webinar, we will send you at least 2 emails with the following:
- Your login instructions and password from Cathy Montgomery.
- An email from Lacey with the presentation handout for note-taking and any other documents that will be referred to within the webinar. You will be able to print out these files prior to the webinar for your note-taking during the webinar.
Select your webinar date in the dark blue box called Dates & Times. Once selecting the date, click ADD TO CART. You will be directed to the next page where you can complete your registration/purchase information and ultimately you will be directed to Paypal. You DO NOT have to have a Paypal account to purchase this webinar. Keep clicking all the CONTINUE buttons on the Paypal site until you have the option to use any major credit card. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to call Lacey at 636-875-5088636-875-5088 .
1Contact Hour Disclosure: Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481; Issue Date: 4/6/2010