Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN, President, Excellentia Advisory Group.
Webinar: One-hour in duration includes time for Questions & Answers.
Description: What you can expect to learn from this webinar (at minimum):
- What 5 rules comprise HIPAA and what do they each mean?
- What your employee training should consist of?
- How to enhance your Policy & Procedures to cover all of your bases including the 2013 Omnibus Rule?
- What is involved in a risk assessment?
- How & when to self-report?
- Where to find the information and forms for filing breach notifications with HHS?
- What steps to take if you find yourself in the middle of an audit?
- When and how do you use the Notice of Privacy Practices.
These random on-site audits will include interviews, review of your Policies & Procedures and observation for compliance. Fines can be huge. Do not take the risk of delaying or avoiding this HIPAA educational opportunity.
The purchase of this webinar will include handouts for printing out and for note-taking. They include:
- Note-taking version of the PowerPoint presentation
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Risk Assessment Checklist
- Privacy Checklist
- Fax Confidentiality Statement
Price: $139.00 per telephone & internet connection. This price provides one internet connection (username & password) and telephone line connection.
Special Offer: We are also offering a 50% off discount on this webinar if you also purchase our second HIPAA training webinar or DVD, HIPAA Privacy Officer Orientation. (see left column of your screen, ie: RELATED PRODUCTS) This discount will be applied during your checkout process or by Lacey if you place your order by telephone. Here is what your screen will look like:
You may offer this training to all your staff at your single site location but your username & password cannot be shared or passed on to others at different locations. Once you and any/all staff that have reviewed this webinar, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth one Contact Hour 1 of continuing education. You simply contact Lacey at email@example.com requesting your certificates. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last name, position title, and license numbers (if professionals).
After your registration/purchase and prior to the webinar, we will send you at least 2 emails with the following:
- Your login instructions and password from Cathy Montgomery.
- An email from Lacey with the presentation handout for note-taking and any other documents that will be referred to within the webinar. You will be able to print out these files prior to the webinar for your note-taking during the webinar.
Select your webinar date in the dark blue box called Dates & Times. Once selecting the date, click ADD TO CART. You will be directed to the next page where you can complete your registration/purchase information and ultimately you will be directed to Paypal. You DO NOT have to have a Paypal account to purchase this webinar. Keep clicking all the CONTINUE buttons on the Paypal site until you have the option to use any major credit card. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to call Lacey at 636-875-5088.
WHAT IS HIPAA?
The HIPAA Privacy Rule was intended to protect patients privacy yet allow providers permission to disclose necessary information. This is clearly a balancing act if you don't know the rules! Covered entities who must comply with the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), would be the following providers:
- Clinics/Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Nursing Homes
While this is not a comprehensive list, it is meant to be an example of the types of facilities & providers who should obtain training on this important subject.
1Contact Hour Disclosure: Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481; Issue Date: 4/6/2010