Category: Infection Prevention
Title: Contec Healthcare Demonstration - How to Clean the Operating Room & Equipment
Presented by Mark Regna, MBA/MHA; Technical Manager and Contec Healthcare team
Mark Regna is the Technical Manager at Contec Healthcare and takes on a leading role in education, sales and business development for Contec Healthcare for all across the United States. Contec Healthcare manufactures and sells high-quality cleaning tools and disinfection products for the healthcare industry including hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers. Prior to Contec, Mark was the Director of Healthcare Services for Jani-King International from 2002 to 2011. Mark expertly managed and oversaw $65M division providing superior-quality programs and healthcare cleaning services to 95 acute care, LTC, CCRC, mental health facilities, 300 ambulatory surgery centers. and assisted living facilities across the country.
This 49 minute presentation by Mark Regna and team was presented at our Infection Prevention Strategies for Ambulatory Surgery Centers conference in April 2015 at the Hilton Frontenac. Mark demonstrates the proper methodology of cleaning the operating room and the OR equipment. This demonstration includes selecting the right tools and right products for cleaning vs. disinfection.
- Discuss the operating room environment and HAI's.
- Why do we clean?
- Know the AORN recommended practices for environmental cleaning.
- Know how to prepare for proper disinfection. Cleaning vs. disinfection.
- Know the proper operating room cleaning and disinfection steps.
- Have a better understanding of definitions and glossery of terms for cleaning and disinfection.
Once you and any/all staff have reviewed this presentation, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth 1.0 Credit Hour of continuing education. You simply contact us at email@example.com requesting your certificates, using the Certificate Request Form found in the link below. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last names, position title (RN ,BSN, etc.), license numbers (if professionals) and date of completion.
* Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481: Issue Date: 4/6/2010;