AAAHC SURVEY SOLUTIONS SERIES 2017
CORE CHAPTERS 1 -7
PRESENTED BY: CATHY MONTGOMERY, RN, CASC - President - Excellentia Advisory Group
This is Session #1 of our updated AAAHC Survey Solution Series which will be broken down into three (3) one and half to two hour sessions.
The three sessions consist of:
- The Core Chapters 1 -7
- Adjunct Chapters 9 -25
- Facilities & Environment plus Chapter 8
THIS SESSION #1 IS ABOUT THE CORE CHAPTERS 1 - 7.
CORE CHAPTERS 1 -7
Topics of Discussion:
- Your application deemed vs. non-deemed
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Quality of Care Provided
- Quality Management & Improvement
- Clinical Records and Health Information
- Infection Prevention, Control and Safety
We Will Be Answering These Questions:
- If you are an ASC, these core chapters have been cross-walked with the CMS federal requirements and you will be covered on training for that aspect as well.
- We'll be discussing peer review, credentialing and of course infection prevention among many other topics.
- Have you designed your Sharps Safety or neutral zone program? We'll have one for you as one of the handouts.
- Do you follow the approved 10-step QA / PI process? We'll give you several examples as part of your handouts.
- Are your medical records up to the challenge? We'll review areas of concern and provide you with a HIPAA risk assessment tool.
- We will review the required elements of job descriptions and orientation requirements.
- How strong are your Patient Rights forms and your grievance policy? We will cover that.
- Do you need to have a CIC on staff? We will discuss infection prevention training requirements and how to do an I.P. Risk Assessment.
- Examples of Board Minutes will show you the necessary elements and if you follow our template, you will have a good road map to success.
- Do you have a complete set of finance policies? You will need to cover purchasing, budgeting, and asset protection in your policies.
- How do you handle employee orientation? Do you cover all the key elements and get it all covered in the required timeframe and then tie everything together in an annual evaluation?
- Infection Prevention is much more than a hand hygiene program! We will review all the necessary components that are required by AAAHC. You will receive the guidelines for ABHR placement, a IC risk assessment tool and an OSHA compliance checklist to assure your compliance.
This webinar is worth 2 Contact Hours of continuing education. Each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation for attending this webinar.1
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- You guys always do great webinars. In fact, I recently had my business coordinator watch one of your webinars and she came away from it saying how good it was. So many times we’ve watched webinars that were overpriced, didn’t provide any new or helpful information and didn’t offer CEUs. Excellentia has always hit or exceeded the marks on all of these for us. So thanks again.