Category: Infection Prevention
Title: Developing an Infection Prevention Partnering Relationship with Anesthesia Providers
Presented by Eric Callan, CRNA, NP, MSN, APRN; President of LifeLinc Anesthesia Services
Prior to founding LifeLinc in 2003, Eric Callan developed his expertise through years of clinical anesthesia experience in both the hospital and ambulatory surgery setting. As president of LifeLinc, Eric oversees the strategic growth and development of the organization while cultivating both clinical and administrative relationships with each client. Eric’s acumen plays a critical role in ensuring that each anesthesia team properly aligns their goals and success measures with those of the facility they service.
This one hour presentation by Eric Callan was presented at our Infection Prevention Strategies for Ambulatory Surgery Centersconference in April 2015. ERic discusses some of the common infection prevention safeguards in safe injection practices, hand hygiene, and PPE and how these techniques should be discussed with your anesthesia partners.
At the conclusion of the presentation the participant will be able to:
- Discuss proper infection prevention techniques in safe injection practices.
- Discuss proper infection prevention techniques in hand hygiene.
- Discuss proper infection prevention techniques in using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Work towards developing a better partnering relationship with your anesthesia providers especially towards infection prevention.
Once you and any/all staff have reviewed this presentation, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth 1.0 Credit Hour of continuing education. You simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your certificates, using the Certificate Request Form found in the link below. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last names, position title (RN ,BSN, etc.), license numbers (if professionals) and date of completion.
* Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481: Issue Date: 4/6/2010;