2012 Life Safety Codes for Existing ASC’s - Effective July 5, 2016
Presenter: Cathy Montgomery, RN - President, Excellentia Advisory Group
One Hour pre-recorded webinar presentation.
Cathy has over 20 years of experience in healthcare services management. During her position as Regional Manager for Barnes Hospital, Cathy oversaw several physician practices. As Regional Administrator for Novamed, she oversaw operations of the physician practices, as well as the ambulatory surgery centers and optical shops in the Metro St. Louis and Illinois areas. Under her direction, a state-of-the-art refractive surgery center was also designed and opened in St. Louis, MO.
Cathy is Founder and President of Excellentia Advisory Group, a consulting and development company serving both the surgical industry through ASC’s as well as surgical hospitals and office-based surgical practices. Cathy’s passion has been teaching compliance to CMS Conditions of Coverage, AAAHC accreditation, and assisting ASCs with their survey readiness.
There are some changes you will want to be aware of. This 1 hour presentation will instruct you on what those changes are as well as show you where to get the detail you will need. As you may already know, the NFPA codes are not exactly straight forward, often circle from one code to the next. This presentation will boil down to the final code you are looking for. This presentation is designed for those who have mastered Life Safety Codes and are seeking the updates for their existing facility. Those of you who may be new in your position may want to first attend “Life Safety Codes & Emergency Preparedness” for ASC’s that you will find in our DVD or View-Upon-Demand selections on our website.
This presentation will focus on:
- Necessary deadlines
- Explanation as to the difference between NPPA 99 and NFPA 101
- Background on the approved Tentative Interim Amendments
- How to complete a Risk assessment
- Discussion of “wet locations”
- Changes for generator checks, fire watch, medical gas signage, receptacle requirements, & portable fire extinguishers
- What’s new with alcohol based hand sanitizers and how to manage corridor equipment
- Door requirements for hazardous areas
- Review of power strips based on the 2012 rules
- Notetaking version of presentation
- CMS official memo
- ASHE Risk Assessment Tools
- ASHE white paper on Risk Assessments for Wet Locations
Once you and any/all staff that have reviewed this webinar, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth one Contact Hour 1 of continuing education. You simply contact us at email@example.com requesting your certificates. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last name, position title, and license numbers (if professionals).
1Contact Hour Disclosure: Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481; Issue Date: 4/6/2010