Finance & Accounting for the Non-Financial ASC Manager
We are offering a full one-day course focused on Finance & Accounting for the surgery center manager. This one-day course is a section out of our 3-day ASC Administrator Management Training Course. This full day course outline takes the attendee from finance and accounting basics foward into more complex topics such as surgery center proformas. The goal of this course is to give the attendee what they need to know to build out a greater knowledge of business finance and accounting so that they can go on to manage the business and financial operations of a surgery center.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Current Administrators wanting a validation course to increase current knowledge of finance and accounting and to ask more advanced questions of the instructors.
- New Administrators who do not have a finance or accounting educational background.
- Clinical Directors wishing to advance their careers into surgery center Administrator management.
- Physician Owners / Partners
- Those needing some preparation for CASC testing.
WHY EXCELLENTIA UNIVERSITY COURSE?
- Materials is prepared specifically for the surgery center industry. Financial statement examples are from surgery centers.
- Competitively priced to other similar programs
- Taught by two CASC Faculty Speakers
- Reviews all aspects of managing an ASC
- Opportunity to discuss real-life scenarios
- 8 Contact Hours of Continuing Education2
- Textbook take-away with course materials, tools, templates and examples
- Complimentary lunch included
- Short 15 minute commute from airport
- Free shuttle trolley to other entertainment venues in the nearby St. Charles area such as Main Street St. Charles Shops, Ameristar Casino or other hotels.
- Excellentia's Event Coordinator is available to assist you with travel questions or special needs
- Supported by future mentorship with Excellentia Advisory Group
- Opportunity to network with industry experts in all areas of managing an ASC
- April 3, 2019 (1 full day)
- 8:00am to 5:15pm
LOCATION: St. Charles, Missouri
Fly into Lambert Field, St. Louis, MO
VENUE: Drury Plaza Hotel of St. Charles
- 380 Mulholland Drive, St. Charles, MO 63303
- Reservations can be made by reserving on-line. Go to: www.druryhotels.com Enter group number of: 2361586
- You can also call us and use the same group number 2361586 at 800-325-0720
- Discounted room rate of $114.00 for King single or 2 Queen bedrooms through cut-off date of March 3, 2019.
- Other nearby hotel options include: Embassy Suites Hotel, Comfort Inn, Hilton on Streets of St. Charles
TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT:
- GO BEST EXPRESS offers discounted airport-to-hotel shuttle transportation to the Drury Plaza Hotel and the nearby Embassy Suites.
- You will need an advanced reservation to get the 15% discounted rate. You can book online by clicking HERE or by calling 1-877-785-4682. Provide the discount code DRURYSC to get your discounted rate.
- Regina Robinson, RN, BSN, MBA, CASC
Regina Robinson is a healthcare professional with more than 20 years of experience with the last 13 years spent in the management and development and construction of ambulatory surgery centers. She received her nursing degree from Florida International University and her Master’s in Business Administration from Nova Southeastern University. She is CASC certified and certified as a Medical Practice Executive. Regina has extensive experience with finance, ASC operations, strategic planning, team building, healthcare quality, patient experience, accreditation readiness, and ASC turnarounds. She has spoken at numerous national meetings and has written articles for professional publications. She is currently working as an independent ASC Healthcare consultant.
- Jim Stilley, CASC
VP, Healthcare Operations VEI Michigan/ Director Business Operations VEI at VEI - Community Health Network
Jim Stilley has more than 30 years of hospital, physician practice, health plan management, and ambulatory surgery center experience in the federal and private healthcare sectors.
Jim has performed in various capacities in several organizations, currently he is the VP of Healthcare Operations for VEI Michigan/Director of Business operations for Community Health Network. He served as the CEO of Michigan Orthopaedic Surgeons (a 42 Surgeon group) and as the CEO of a large Michigan surgical facility, VP Operations for a Chicago area hospital, and VP of Healthcare Solutions for a premier national RTLS technology company. He has extensive experience as a group practice administrator, clinician, and consultant. Jim is a past President of the Michigan Ambulatory Surgery Association (MASA), serving two terms 2006-2010.
Jim is a Surgery Center and surgical product line expert. He has extensive experience with finance, payer negotiation, operations, executive leadership, team building and the overall business of surgery. Well versed in new services creation he has developed - total joints, upper and lower spine, Da Vinci procedures in the Surgery Center environment.
Jim received graduate degrees in healthcare administration from Baylor University and in public administration from the University of Washington. He completed an undergraduate degree in healthcare administration from City University in Washington. Jim is a Certified Administrator Surgery Centers (CASC), board certified in Healthcare Management, and a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE).
Regular Price: $700.00 starting March 4, 2019 through April 2, 2019
Early Bird Price: $650.00 (now through March 3, 2019
1emembers Price: $600.00 No matter when purchased:
If you are only interested in a single day, you have that option to purchase a single day on the above menu button.
WHAT YOU GET FOR THE PRICE:
- One person admission for the one full day.
- Notebook with copies of all slide presentations for note-taking as well as text, graphics and examples of items such as financial statements.
- One full days is worth 8 Contact Hours of continueing education credits with accompanying Certificates of Completion
Cancellation Policy: Full refunds are allowed through March 3, 2019. A 10% penalty fee will be deducted from your refund on or after March 4, 2019 in order to cover our commitments to hotel food and beverage as well as other conference costs.
General Course Outline & Topics
The following list is not intended to be comprehensive but is intended to give general categories of topics. Each faculty speaker will have multiple subtopics within each category.
Day One - Finance & Accounting Day
Accounting vs. Finance
- Understanding the difference between Finance and Accounting
- Fee Schedules
- Managed Care - in/out of network, carve-outs
- Separation of Duties
- Case Costing
- Materials Management/Purchasing and Group Purchasing Organizations
Preparing for the Future
- Proformas & operating capital, budgeting
- How to read & manage through financial statements
- Syndication math
Day to Day Management - Part One
- Accounts Payable
- Case Costing
Day to Day Management - Part Two
- Safe Harbor
- Operating Agreements
1ememberships can be explained or purchased by clicking HERE.
2Continuing education Contact Hours are awared through the University of California School of Nursing