Excellentia Advisory Group through Excellentia University video recorded our April 5, 2019 one-day live conference specifically for infection prevention training within the surgery center setting. This conference will be a quick, low-cost, easy-access and high value event that you will not want to miss in order to complete your annual, ongoing infection prevention training mandated by CMS.
This one-day previouosly recorded course offers 6 Contact Hours of continuing education in infection prevention. The course is taught by CIC's experienced within the ASC industry.
Format: View Upon Demand; unlimited viewing access for 90-days
- Cathy Montgomery, RN, CASC - Moderator
- Deborah Ellis, MS, MSPH, Phd, CIC
- Loie Ruhl Couch, RN, BS, CIC
- Lydia Grimes, BS, BSN, MSN
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone in an ASC setting that is responsible for practicing infection prevention and expected to have annual ongoing IP training.
- ASC Infection Preventionists
- ASC Administrators, Directors of Nursing or other clinical management responsible for training their staff
- Physician Providers
- This program is approved for up to 6.00 Contact Hours
Program Design: Requirements & Implementation
- Choosing an Infection Prevention Program for Your Facility - Cathy Montomery, RN, CASC
- Knowing the Rules - Cathy Montgomery, RN, CASC
- Performing the IP Risk Assessment - Loie Ruhl Couch, RN, BS, CIC, FAPIC
- Employee Health - Deborah Ellis, PhD, MSPH, MT(ASCP), CIC
- Environment of Care - Loie Ruhl Couch, RN, BS, CIC, FAPIC
- Aseptic Technique & Transmission-based Precautions - Loie Ruhl Couch, RN, BS, CIC, FAPIC
- Instrument Cleaning, Disinfection & Sterilization - Lydia Grimes, MSN, BA, RN, CIC
- Endoscopy Specific Issues - Lydia Grimes, MSN, BA, RN, CIC
Surveillance, Data Collection & Analysis
- The Value of Post-Op Phone Calls - Cathy Montgomery, RN, CASC
- Audits - Deborah Ellis, PhD, MSPH, MT(ASCP), CIC
- Trends & Clusters - Deborah Ellis, PhD, MSPH, MT(ASCP), CIC
- Action Plans - Deborah Ellis, PhD, MSPH, MT(ASCP), CIC
- Pharmacy - Cathy Montgomery, RN, CASC
Wrap Up Preparing for the CAIP Exam
- Opportunity to ask questions of recent CAIP graduate.
- Regular Price: $330.00
- emembers Price: Free. This presentation is in the ALL ACCESS EMEMBERSHIP
What You Get:
- Unlimited viewing for you and your staff for 90-days
- 6 Contact Hours continuing education and a Certificate of Completion for each staff member that participates
- Links to handout downloads are on the presentation webpage
This program is approved for up to 6.00 Contact Hours.