ASC ADMINISTRATOR MANAGEMENT COURSE
Excellentia University offers a 3-day course on teaching the ambulatory surgery center Administrator all of the necessary components that he/she will need to know in order to properly manage a successful and profitable surgery center.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Current Administrators wanting a validation course to increase current knowledge.
- New Administrators who need a new firm foundation of knowledge to be successful in their new role.
- Clinical Directors wishing to advance their careers into surgery center Administrator management.
- Physician Owners / Partners
- Those needing some preparation for CASC testing.
WHY EXCELLENTIA UNIVERSITY COURSE?
- Competitively priced to other similar programs
- Taught by CASC Faculty Speakers
- Reviews all aspects of managing an ASC
- Opportunity to discuss real-life scenarios
- 21 Contact Hours of Continuing Education2
- Textbook take-away with course materials, tools, templates and examples
- Complimentary lunch included each day
- Hotel provides free breakfast and free express dinner option
- Walking distance to multiple restaurants/bars and shops on the same campus
- Short 15 minute commute from airport
- Free shuttle trolley to other entertainment venues in the nearby St. Charles area such as Main Street St. Charles Shops, Ameristar Casino or other hotels.
- Excellentia's Event Coordinator is available to assist you with travel questions or special needs
- Supported by future mentorship with Excellentia Advisory Group
- Opportunity to network with industry experts in all areas of managing an ASC
- Complimentary 90-day membership into the Excellentia ALL VIDEO emembership; this an opportunity for many more Contact Hours for you and your staff through this emembership library.
- April 2 - 4, 2019 (3 full days; 8am to 5:00pm)
LOCATION: St. Charles, Missouri
Fly into Lambert Field, St. Louis, MO
VENUE: Drury Plaza Hotel of St. Charles
- 380 Mulholland Drive, St. Charles, MO 63303
- Reservations can be made by reserving on-line. Go to: www.druryhotels.com Enter group number of: 2361586.
- You can also call us and use the same group number 2361586 at 800-325-0720
- ACT TODAY! Discounted room rate of $114.00 for King single or 2 Queen bedrooms through cut-off date of March 3, 2019
- Other nearby hotel options include: Embassy Suites Hotel, Comfort Inn, Hilton on Streets of St. Charles
TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT:
- GO BEST EXPRESS offers discounted airport-to-hotel shuttle transportation to the Drury Plaza Hotel and the nearby Embassy Suites.
- You will need an advanced reservation to get the 15% discounted rate. You can book online by clicking HERE or by calling 1-877-785-4682. Provide the discount code DRURYSC to get your discounted rate.
WHAT ATTENDEES SAID ABOUT THE NOVEMBER 2018 CONFERENCE:
- Love, love, love the smaller group! It facilitated so many more questions and dialogue. I wish I had the opportunity to take a course like this earlier in my career. Also, Kayla has been a great asset for you!
- I found this conference to be more beneficial than any other conference that I have attended. Thank You!
- Well organized, materials/handouts well organized and valuable. Speakers were very knowledgeable and presented information clearly. Also answered all my questions completely.
- Cathy Montgomery, RN, CASC
Cathy has over 25+ years in healthcare services management. During her position as a Regional Manager for Barnes Hospital, she transitioned 6 physician practice groups to the newly purchased West County Hospital to stabilize hospital admissions. She also acquired and developed other practices to further expand service lines.
As Regional Administrator for NovaMed, she oversaw operations of the physician practices as well as surgery centers, and optical shops in the metro St.Louis/Illinois area. Under her direction a state of the art refractive surgery center was designed and opened. Cathy obtained a large vision care contract that tripled the volume of procedures for the refractive physicians in her market.
Cathy is President and Founder of Excellentia Advisory Group, a consulting and development company serving both the surgical industry through ASC'S as well as surgical hospitals and the outpatient industry through physician practices and ancillary centers. Cathy for the past several years has studied all the regulatory agencies that impact the ASC industry and has made herself an expert on the subject. Cathy is a frequently speaker at State ASC conferences to speak on regulatory compliance topics. Cathy also offers expertise in running the day-to-day operations of a surgery center and assists several privately-owned surgery centers across the country as their management company. Her vision is to offer services that will be cost effective for her clients and fill those gaps that occur due to immediate needs. She has hired consultants that are knowledgeable and follow TJC, AAAASF and/or AAAHC standards. Cathy herself became an AAAASF survery in 2016 and now IMQ in 2018. Cathy has her CASC certification.
- Regina Robinson, RN, BSN, MBA, CASC
Regina Robinson is a healthcare professional with more than 20 years of experience with the last 13 years spent in the management and development and construction of ambulatory surgery centers. She received her nursing degree from Florida International University and her Master’s in Business Administration from Nova Southeastern University. She is CASC certified and certified as a Medical Practice Executive. Regina has extensive experience with finance, ASC operations, strategic planning, team building, healthcare quality, patient experience, accreditation readiness, and ASC turnarounds. She has spoken at numerous national meetings and has written articles for professional publications. She is currently working as an independent ASC Healthcare consultant.
- Jim Stilley, CASC
VP, Healthcare Operations VEI Michigan/ Director Business Operations VEI at VEI - Community Health Network
Jim Stilley has more than 30 years of hospital, physician practice, health plan management, and ambulatory surgery center experience in the federal and private healthcare sectors.
Jim has performed in various capacities in several organizations, currently he is the VP of Healthcare Operations for VEI Michigan/Director of Business operations for Community Health Network. He served as the CEO of Michigan Orthopaedic Surgeons (a 42 Surgeon group) and as the CEO of a large Michigan surgical facility, VP Operations for a Chicago area hospital, and VP of Healthcare Solutions for a premier national RTLS technology company. He has extensive experience as a group practice administrator, clinician, and consultant. Jim is a past President of the Michigan Ambulatory Surgery Association (MASA), serving two terms 2006-2010.
Jim is a Surgery Center and surgical product line expert. He has extensive experience with finance, payer negotiation, operations, executive leadership, team building and the overall business of surgery. Well versed in new services creation he has developed - total joints, upper and lower spine, Da Vinci procedures in the Surgery Center environment.
Jim received graduate degrees in healthcare administration from Baylor University and in public administration from the University of Washington. He completed an undergraduate degree in healthcare administration from City University in Washington. Jim is a Certified Administrator Surgery Centers (CASC), board certified in Healthcare Management, and a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE).
- Roger Manning, BA
Roger Manning is the co-founder of Excellentia Advisory Group and Managing Partner. Roger's 30+ year career spans medical sales, sales management, operations management, multi-site facility management and new business start-ups. Roger has a strong foundation built in people management and human resources skills. Roger has been working within the surgery center industry since 1998 recruiting top talent for many of this nations top surgery center employers as well as small private physician owned organizations. Roger's knowledge of the ASC industry is comprehensive and he has been offering ASC advisory through Excellentia Advisory Group since 2009.
- Michelle Ingmire, BA, MBA
Michelle’s previous background as an Ambulatory Surgery Center Administrator affords her the knowledge to assist with operational expertise. Through her multi-site multi-specialty exposure, she has developed successful strategies for quality programs that are cost effective for the organizations she has managed. She currently serves as the COO for PrimaryOne Health in Columbus Ohio overseeing a staff of 210. She earned her MBA from Friends University. She is retired from the United States Army.
Regular Price (March 4, 2019 through April 2, 2019) $2,100.00 for the full 3 days
Early Bird Price (now through March 03, 2019) $1,950.00 for the full 3 days
1emembers Price: No matter when purchased: $1,800.00 for the full 3 days
WHAT YOU GET FOR THE PRICE:
- One person admission for the three full days.
- Notebook with copies of all slide presentations for note-taking as well as text, graphics and examples of items such as financial statements.
- The 3 full days is worth 21 Contact Hours of continueing education credits with accompanying Certificates of Completion
- Each attendee will be given a 90-day access of our ALL VIDEO emembership to view for 90-days post conference date. Each presentation within this library is worth at least 1 Contact Hour with accompanying Certificates of Completion.
Cancellation Policy: Full refunds are allowed through March 3, 2019. A 10% penalty fee will be deducted from your refund on or after March 4, 2019 in order to cover our commitments to hotel food and beverage as well as other conference costs.
General Course Outline & Topics
The following list is not intended to be comprehensive but is intended to give general categories of topics. Each faculty speaker will have multiple subtopics within each category.
Day One (Wednesday) - Regulatory Compliance & Human Resources Day
Governance & Leadership presented by Cathy Montgomery
- Operating Agreements, By-Laws, Ownership Structures, Organization Charts, Leadership vs Management, Stark, Safe Harbors & others
- Governmental Requirements - OIG, HIPAA, OSHA, OCR, EPA, DEA,
- Licensure, Certification and Accreditation - Life Safety Code, DOH, CMS, AAAASF, AAAHC, IMQ, TJC
- Credentialing & Privileging
- Service Contracts
Human Resources presented by Roger Manning
- Staffing Models
- Recruitment, On-boarding, performance appraisals, Job Descriptions, disciplinary actions, terminations & other
- Orientation, training, competency assessments
- Policies & Procedures
- Labor Laws, OIG, OSHA, DOT for employees
Day Two (Thursday) - Finance & Accounting Day
Financial Management Day presented by Regina Robinson and Jim Stilley
- Finance vs. Accounting
- Proformas & operating/capital budgeting
- Syndication (stark, Safe Harbor, Anti-kickbacks)
- Reimbursement (fee schedules, managed care, in and out of network, carve outs)
- AR – Separation of Duties
- P & L Statements
- Income Statements
- Case Costing
- Materials Management/GPO’s
Day Three (Friday) - Delivery of Patient Care & Quality Management Day
Delivery of Patient Care presented by Cathy Montgomery
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Management of Medical Records
- Medical Terminology
- Infection Control
- Safe Injection Practices
- Anesthesia Care
- QA/PI Program
- Risk Management & Safety
- Compliance Audits
- Quality Reporting
MORE INFORMATION, CLICK HERE
READY TO ORDER, SCROLL BACK UP PAGE AND ADD TO CART
1ememberships can be explained or purchased by clicking HERE.
2Continuing education Contact Hours are awared through the University of California School of Nursing