The Joint Commission - 2014 - Session #2 of 3
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN - President - Excellentia Advisory Group
You should purchase this DVD only if you are an ambulatory surgery center pursuing The Joint Commission accreditation or re-accreditation.
This DVD is Session #2 in a 3-session series teaching you everything that you need to know about the preparation for and passing your Joint Commission accreditation for ambulatory surgery centers. The material content is current through 2014 standards.
Session #1 contains a presentation on the following subject matter:
- Infection Prevention- So much more than hand hygiene! We will review the necessary components required by TJC/CMS/CDC/OSHA to assure compliance. Risk assessment provided, as well as 2013 updated Surveyor Checklist.
- Medication Management-Help your staff and providers comply by knowing what is required by USP 797, Pharmacopeia Standards. (Standards provided)
- 2014 Patient Safety Goals-Discussion of the 2014 revisions as well as Universal Protocols. (Handout on Goals and Protocols provided)
- Provision of Care- Learn the specifics of the chapter. Policy on conscious sedation and oversedation provided.
- Transplant Safety & Waived Testing- Quick review for those providing services.
This DVD should be viewed by the facility Administrator, Director of Clinical Services and any/all staff and providers in order to obtain maximum effectiveness of the training. Session 2 is one hour and 19 minutes in duration.
Price: $199.00 unless purchased in the bundled series of 3 DVD sessions. The price is reduced to $150.00 per session when purchased in the bundle. See bundle option at left side of this page. $6.05 Shipping and handling will be added.
By purchasing this session, you will also receive a CD containing the presentation on Note-Taking format (PDF), several handouts including forms and tools that relate to the subject matter presented on the DVD. Some tools can be custom-edited to your specific facility use.
About Contact Hours & Certificates of Participation
This presentation is worth 1 and 1/2 Contact Hours of continuing education1. Each participant that completes the presentation will receive a Certificate of Participation and one Contact Hour. To receive your certificate, you must contact Excellentia Advisory Group via firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the names of each participant and their professional license number. You will receive your Certificates of Participation in electronic format and Excellentia will keep back up records in case you need it in the future.
1 Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481
Issue Date: 4/6/2010; for 1 and 1/2 contact hour.