The Joint Commission - 2014 - Session #1 of 3
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN - President - Excellentia Advisory Group
You should purchase this DVD only if you are an ambulatory surgery center pursuing The Joint Commission accreditation or re-accreditation.
This DVD is Session #1 in a 3-session series teaching you everything that you need to know about the preparation for and passing your Joint Commission accreditation for ambulatory surgery centers. The material content is current through 2014 standards.
Session #1 contains a presentation on the following subject matter:
- General discussion of TJC specifics including 2014 update to definition of time and Sentinel Events.
- Leadership-Exploration of the responsibilities, necessary policies and procedures and how to manage contracted services. Board Meeting template provided.
- HR-including OSHA requirements, staff qualifications (including new 2014 requirements for CT techs), orientation and credentialing (the top Joint Commission citation!). OSHA Risk assessment provided.
- Information Management-Various HIPAA requirements as well as TJC requirements. (HIPAA risk assessment provided).
- QA/PI-What is the expectation and how to comply. (Examples of customizable Sharps Safety plan provided as well as tools for Hand Hygiene)
- Record of Care-What’s required.
- Rights and Responsibilities-In-depth discussion of Advanced Directives as well as Grievance & complaint requirements. Language examples provided.
This DVD should be viewed by the facility Administrator, Director of Clinical Services and any/all staff and providers in order to obtain maximum effectiveness of the training.
Price: $199.00 unless purchased in the bundled series of 3 DVD sessions. The price is reduced to $150.00 per session when purchased in the bundle. See bundle option at left side of this page. $6.05 Shipping and handling will be added.
By purchasing this session, you will also receive a CD containing the presentation on Note-Taking format (PDF), several handouts including forms and tools that relate to the subject matter presented on the DVD. Some tools can be custom-edited to your specific facility use.
About Contact Hours & Certificates of Participation
This presentation is worth 1 and 1/2 hour Contact Hour of continuing education1. Each participant that completes the presentation will receive a Certificate of Participation and one Contact Hour. To receive your certificate, you must contact Excellentia Advisory Group via email@example.com and provide the names of each participant and their professional license number. You will receive your Certificates of Participation in electronic format and Excellentia will keep back up records in case you need it in the future.
1 Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481
Issue Date: 4/6/2010; for 1 contact hour.