DVD: Session 3 - CMS: Life Safety Code; Facilities & Environment, CMS Survey Solutions Series)
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN
We are beginning our CMS Survey Solution Series which will be broken down into three (3) one and a half hour sessions.
The three sessions consist of:
- Session One: Governance, Organization, Patient Rights, QAPI
- Session Two: Surgical Services, Pharmacy, Infection Control, Medical Records
- Session Three: Life Safety Codes, Environment
This webpage is dedicated only to Session 3 -LIFE SAFETY CODE; Facilities & Environment
Facilities & Environment
All ASC's are required to comply with the requirements of the 2000 Edition of the NFPA 101 Life Safety Code. This session will cover these areas:
- Construction and architectural requirements
- Emergency Preparedness Plans
- Emergency Lighting
- Emergency Drills
- Exit signs
- Fire extinguishers & pull stations
- Fire rating for doors & walls
- Gas cylinder storage requirements
- Generator testing
- Non-sprinkler system rules
- Operational requirements for maintenance, testing and documentation
- Waiting room requirements; you will get a copy of the CMS memo
- And much more
*Have you completed a Hazard Analysis as part of your emergency preparedness? We'll give you an user-friendly format to get you started as well as an Emergency Manual.
*We'll cover the current "hot list" of deficiencies as we go through the standards so you are not caught off guard.
*Evaluation forms for your required drills will be supplied as part of this webinar.
*Complete instructions for your placement of alcohol-based hand sanitizers will be reviewed.
*Do you have the correct fire extinguishers?
*Do you know what is the Number 1 item cited on Life Safety Code Inspections? You'll want to know as it an easy fix!
*This DVD presentation is worth one and half Contact Hours of continuing education. Each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation for attending this webinar.
Price: $199.00 / individual 1-1/2 hour session; if you order all three DVD sessions, your price will be discounted to $150.00 / DVD session or $450.00 for the 3 DVD sessions.
CMS training without having to take the time and expense to travel to another city meeting venue.
CLICK HERE to read about Session 1.
CLICK HERE to read about Session 2.
*About CE Contact Hours:
Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481
Issue Date: 4/6/2010; for 1.5 contact hours.